Interested in coming?
- This event is for all female and male-identifying and gender nonconforming students as well as students of color and other underrepresented minorities in STEM fields
GEST at IMS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability.
- Attendees must be in grades 9-12 by August 2021
- Students must bring the original copy of their signed permission slip the day of the event
- Students must be registered (no walk-ins)
Previous Workshops have included:
- ROVs (Underwater Robots): Design, build and operate an ROV
- Making Waves: Make measurements in Bogue Sound using oceanographic instruments and see the results
- SCUTES: Understand Atlantic Shortnose Sturgeon Biology and how researchers track them
- Coastal Habitat Restoration: Walk along the IMS shoreline and learn about oyster, marsh, and seagrass habitats
- The Science (and FUN!) of Drones: Learn drone flight skills, drone programming, and real world applications of drones
- Fish IDs: Come see what lives in NC waters by identifying fish and crab species
- Day in the Life of a Whale: Explore tagging technology that researchers use to understand whale behavior and movement
- Living Shorelines: Learn all about nearby living shorelines, including the habitat and animals that depend on them
Please make sure to bring your GEST Permission Form 2021.docx to the event or mail it to:
GEST at IMS
attn: Deanna Good
3431 Arendell St.
Morehead City, NC 28557